Thursday 6 October 2011

From the Desk of Miss Chrissy - October 2011

October 2011

      In this Edition: 
**  From the Desk of Miss Chrissy 
**  The Calendar  
**  The Bazaar world of Beauty by Mz Vicki
**  From the Desk of Miss Sammy
**  TLCSFG Product Specials
**  Links to Share         

**  Sharing



Quote of the Month:
be like the bird,  that pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight  
feels them give way beneath her yet sings, knowing she hath wings



From the Desk of Ms Chrissy

Spring is here and it’s time to pack away all the winters and freshen up all the summers.. yes?  Well that is what I have been doing amongst all the sneezing of course!!  I have cleaned out the wardrobes, packed the furs and rearranged  the shoe cupboard.  Currently I am  airing out some of my finest summer vintage in preparation for the warmer months ahead.  ..  While I was at it, I did take the advice of Ms Dita Von Teese and threw out all my “smalls” that were a bit tatty and have made a list of new undergarments I need to buy....  This exercise alone was quite refreshing so I highly recommend it.  All bras and panties that did not cut it were literally thrown...

The Lindy Charm School for Girls is also going through a bit of a spring clean as well of sorts, assessing current structures and planning new things is what it is all about.  Having had a fantastic past couple of years growing at a steady pace I have decided to invest more time and energy into strengthening, growing and diversifying into 2012.   With a new team on board and ideas overflowing on how we can reach and touch and spread our message further I feel invigorated by the possibilities.  Watch this space is all I can say as 2012 is going to be big, I can feel it....
On another note we bid Miss Kim Farewell.  Kim has decided to leave the Lindy Charm School for Girls and pursue who own ambitions and we thank her for the past 3 years in which she was a valuable member of the team at workshops but also behind the scenes.  Thanks Kim and Good Luck.
I also need to advise that I won’t be going on the LA Vintage Tour in April next year and although this was originally a Lindy Charm School for Girls marketed event, Kim has done all the work behind the scenes and it is essentially her baby.  If you have booked to go on the tour with the expectation that I would be attending, then I apologise if I have disappointed but, I do believe Kim is offering your deposits back should you wish to withdraw.  I think it will be a fabulous tour and am certain that good times will be had by all joining Kim.
Also while cleaning out a few things I came across and interview I did with the amazing Candice Deville of Super Kawaii Mama Fame and re-read it and asked myself if asked the same questions would I answer the same way and I came up with a definite yes.  Here’s what I had to say and Ladies, on the back of a wonderful workshop on the weekend I wanted to you all to hear this and once again be reminded of your worth, your value and your amazingness if that’s even a word!
I said:   value yourself and feel worthy enough to be beautiful inside and out.  A great quote I read once “Before she allows the world to judge her face, a woman is entitled to create it! – That goes for the whole package in my eyes.  We can’t avoid the judgments, stares & comments from others but we can stand tall with confidence if our intention for attention is not one of borne out of competition, malice or arrogance; but rather to feel good about oneself, then what’s the problem? We have a right to embrace ourselves and if wearing red lipstick defines me out in the image world, then who has the right to judge that. It’s personal choice.  If you haven’t got anything good to say about someone then don’t say anything. If I see an amazingly beautiful women dressed to the nines then I compliment her, I also note her appearance and take tips to better my own!  We all should take more pride in ourselves as we do our homes, our cars our gardens and everything else material. These days, we “pimp” almost everything, even our phones have bling, why not ourselves! As flowers brighten the world, so do women.
One thing I have learned through doing the Lindy Charm School for Girls is to refine my most comfortable, yet individual, look and get it down pat in 10 minutes flat given I’ve always had to juggle (like almost all women)  either single parenthood with the usual morning activities, careers, relationships, housework. Then later in a marriage and blended family, with even more kids,  I always found that at the very least with some lippy and a flower in the hair, it would always brighten even the most trying of days. It is essential to me.

Til then Ladies,
xx Ms Chrissy xx





Charm School Calendar – Email me to book or enquire about booking your own personal Charm School, Hens Party, Corporate Function, Personal Vintage Styling Session and everything in between....

Saturday 8th October – Melbourne
Sunday 9th October – Private Hens Party

14-16 October – 2011 – Love Vintage Fair – Sydney –www.lovevintage.com.au

22-23 October – 2001 – Camperdown Rockabilly Festival – www.camperdowncruise.com
I will be in residence at Glamour Central with my Charm School Salon – open for business doing Vintage Styling Makeovers... Come and see me...

29th October – Private Hens Parties in Sydney and Melbourne

Tuesday 1 November 2011 –  Emcee for The Shop Time Forgot & Kittys Vintage Kitsch Melbourne Cup Fashion Parade and Charity Event... http://www.facebook.com/KittysVintageKitsch


Sunday 6 November 2011 - The Lindy Charm School for Girls (Mistress Chrissy) is excited about holding 4 Vintage Styling Demonstration while at sea with Rock The Boat  plus I will have my own Styling Powderoom open for Vintage Hair Styling each evening Ladies between 4pm and 6pm. Ray and I are so looking forward to sharing 7 fun nights with 2500 passionate Rockers... some good friends & bands will be on board too... Oh dear.. Now to pack for 7 nights dancing!!

Dec/Jan – SUMMER HOLIDAYS

2012 Bookings so far:

February – Sydney & Canberra
March – Brisbane & Melbourne
April – US/UK & Europe Trip
May – Garterbelts and Gasoline Festival - Tamborine
June – Wintersun Festival – Coffs Harbour

Love Vintage Fairs – www.lovevintage.com.au – Workshops at each event..

SYDNEY April 20 – 22, 2012 Canterbury Racecourse
MELBOURNE May 18 – 20, 2012 Royal Exhibition Building
BRISBANE July 13 – 15, 2012 Brisbane Convention Centre


The Bazaar world of Beauty by Mz Vicki


From the Desk of Miss Sammy


            A BIT OF HAIRSPRAY TRIVIA.
The actual hairspray can was not invented until 1943 during World War II, when aerosol sprays were used to kill insects. After the war, the beauty industry recognized the "power" of the aerosol containers, which were pressurized by a fluorocarbon, or liquefied gas. In 1950, Helene Curtis became the first to use the generic term "hairspray" for its newly developed aerosol product called Spray Net. By 1955, the company was selling it across the world.

The Lindy Charm School for Girls uses their own brand of Essential Setting Lotion (an original formula) which negates the use of heavy  use of  hairspray or lacquer allowing us to only have to use a fine mist of our favorite hairspray “Cedel” hairspray.  Purchase the Essential Setting Lotion from us and get your can of Cedel in the Pink can from almost any supermarket for about $4.50.




For your Purveying Pleasure:
A wonderful vintage makeup tutorial from the 1940's. Enjoy ! Courtesy of the Prelinger Archive!  


Hedy Lamarr – Style Icon – Sizzling Screen Siren and the most beautiful essence of 1940’s Fashion.  Music by Etta Jones – Bye Bye Blackbrid





  • Nude Cuban Heeled (Black Seam) - $25 ea – A girls staple
  • Nude Fishnets with Back Seam - $25
  • Spotted or Gingham Do Rags - $10 – Style accessories or god send for bad hair days
  • Perfect Pout Lip Liner & Lipstick set - $25  You won't find cheaper for the quality. 
  • The Essential LCSFG Setting Lotion - $20 – The ever famous “Rocket Fuel”
  • Set of 3 Dolly Pegs - $5 – Once you know how to use you won’t live without them
  • Cotton/Nylon Snoods - $20 – Red, Black and white now in stock. 
  • Pin Curl Clips (Double/quality) 10 per pack - $10 – A must have if you want great pin curls   


Sharing:

Thanks Lulu,
this is beautiful - watch for the cameos , are they look alikes?

Feedback from our most recent workshops:
I had a wonderful time at the workshop yesterday. I really appreciate the authenticity that you ladies ooze, not only with your frocks and do's but with your knowledge, tips and tricks. I've learnt so much and can't wait to learn more and perfect my own do.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on false eye lashes and eye lash extensions? I'm seeing more and more girls wear them.

Thanks lovely. 
Megan Nevell http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/emoticons/star.gif
Hi Chrissy, I just want to thank you for a wonderful class on Saturday. I had a great time and will definitely recommend it to my friends!  I know have some skills and motivation to take more effort with my appearance. Once again, thank you so much! Jessica
Cindy Cin - thank you for today. I had a lovely day and learnt a lot. Need to work on my pin curls though.
Tiddi St Pie Fabulous! You are amazing and beautiful :) x
From our dear friends “The Darling Sisters”
Charming friends,
We can't resist having a separate category for our gorgeous friends the ladies of the Lindy Charm School for Girls.
Mistress Chrissy and her glamorous Charm School teachers are every kind of lovely and we adore their efforts to bring a little vintage glamour into every Australian lady's life. The Lindy Charm School is based in sunny Queensland, but thanks be to heaven, they are willing to travel around Australia. We hope very much to see them in Canberra again soon. We'd love to get together to play!
The Lindy Charm School for Girls teaches lucky ladies the arts of vintage-style glamour, including how to get those glorious hairstyles of the early 20th century just right.
We have both attended the Lindy Charm School and felt that we learned a great deal. It was fun, fun, fun. Full of laughs and life lessons, very cosy and very glam. We can't recommend them highly enough. We know that the Lindy Charm girls are very popular with swing dancers but you don't have to be a dancer to get a lot out of the experience.
http://www.thedarlingsisters.com/




Til Next time, 




Thou Shalt Endeavour To Always Wear Red Lipstick




No comments:

Post a Comment