Friday 13 January 2012

Meet Virtue Van Tassel - A Charm School Debutant from 2008


Meet one of our lovely Charm School Debutantes from 2008 that has been souring to the stars ever since attending one of out workshops. The Lovely Ms Lydia 'aka Virtue Van Tassel is now entering Miss Burlesque Australia and needs your vote!... VIC State heat for Miss Burlesque Victoria 2012 are held in March. Here is a little of what Ms Lydia had to say about her experience at LCS.... 

My first LCSFG class was held in Smith Street, Melbourne 2008 - a few months after I had started taking burlesque classes. I was already hooked on vintage beauty but I couldn’t recreate those fabulous hair styles from the era and didn’t have any real grasp of make up application for the time.

I remember entering the room full of eager women and seeing the two Charm School Mistresses amazingly clad in vintage frocks and looking like they had just stepped out of a 1950s Vogue magazine.

That day I learnt the art of pin curling. Years later, using the techniques to achieve perfect curls and make up has aided my burlesque and pin up career. I have extensive knowledge and background on how the old burlesque startlets achieved their look and I can now infuse that into my own on stage presence.

When I compete in Miss Burlesque Victoria 2012, I will be taking my LCSFG skills with me to achieve the perfect burlesque looks on stage.

However, the influence hasn’t stopped there. I’m often asked for styling and technique advice on how to achieve the beautiful hair and make up looks of the 20s-50s by strangers in the street! 

I use my vintage knowledge everywhere I go. I love the confidence and compliments I have received from friends and strangers. From my 9-5 office environment, to weekend activities, to the stage I am always honoring my LSCFG vows from my first class so long ago… Thou shalt endeavour to always wear red lipstick!
Vote for her by visiting this webpage and looking for her -  http://missburlesquecompetition.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment